The Moon Tree by Lois Cordelia Buelow-Osborne
Somewhere along the way, life lost its magic. I abandoned Beauty, who had always been good to me, and instead shacked up with Truth, a spiteful whore who framed me for the deaths of Santa and Jesus and left me alone in a stark, cheerless universe with no way out.

Fuck this. I've had enough. Time to make my own magic.


Friday, September 25, 2009

Labels

I'd like to label myself. Labels make things a lot simpler, even if they aren't entirely accurate. When it comes to spirituality, however, I can't even apply the really generic labels like theist, atheist, pantheist, deist, dualist, etc., much less consider myself a member of a particular religion...ugh, the very word makes me shudder. I think all human beings, for whatever reason, have some need to interact with the sacred, but it seems like the process of defining and codifying that interaction hopelessly obscures whatever we thought of as sacred in the first place. There must be something more intuitive, less contrived that would satisfy that need. Let's see if I can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment